The Story Of A 29 Year Old British Girl Who Moved To LA To Make Her Dreams Come True; Only To Move Home To Care For Her Mother Diagnosed With Brain Cancer. Day-To-Day Thoughts, Updates, Love And Laughs (yes, I'm still allowed to laugh...)

Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday-The Day Of Rest...?

Happy Sunday Birdies!

We are heading over to my aunt's house for Sunday lunch in a couple of hours. I'm a bit nervous as mum hasn't been anywhere since New Year's Day and since this UTI her balance has been so off-but the antibiotics are helping.

Every day things just take so long it can be unbelievably frustrating. When you put  on your socks you don't give it a second thought-today it took my mum 15mins to put in her socks. I can't just do everything for her or else she won't push herself to get back to some sense of normality. Watching is so frustrating and just telling her to lift her leg, or lean this way or that can be unbearable. 

She goes into complete dreams especially in the morning due to the extreme tiredness, I presume, so getting her up and moving can take a LOT out of me.

But, hey ho, she is up now, she has had breakfast and I can go and have a shower-a little luxury for a few minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a note-much appreciated! x