The Story Of A 29 Year Old British Girl Who Moved To LA To Make Her Dreams Come True; Only To Move Home To Care For Her Mother Diagnosed With Brain Cancer. Day-To-Day Thoughts, Updates, Love And Laughs (yes, I'm still allowed to laugh...)

Friday 10 January 2014

My Twonk Of A Landlord

What beautiful birdies you are...

So, I'm not going to make this as depressing as the last couple of posts-purely because I'm sick of it and I don't want you to get sick of it too. So on the depressing scale of 1-10 I'm aiming for an even 5.

Yesterday, I recieved another big package from my client in LA filled with luxury biscuits, their generosity is unending. Needless to say this means I'm heading for new cavities and an increase in my chocolate addiction...
  
Mum was better with the antibiotics she is now taking as she has developed a UTI. This *hopefully* will get rid of the weakness in her legs and no more "jangly legs" -that's what I named her tendency for the scary tremors and weakness she gets...plus it reminds me of the song "Mr Bojangles"

I was up until 2am this morning dealing with my landlord back in LA which has been a royal shit show of a time. 
The time difference is so hard to co-ordinate speaking with people. I will not bore you with the whole saga, but I ended up having to contact my amazing best mate A, to drop off a check to them ASAP.

I don't want to use my situation to gain sympathy or special treatment so I originally just explained to my landlord that I was in the UK due to a "family emergency". When I was forced to explain further, I did, everything, and the email I got back said,
"Thank you for your email, please drop off your check as soon as possible"

TWONKS. 

But, what are you going to do? I wrote back,
"Not a problem, thank you for your kindness at this time".... #KindnessIsMagic




I was speaking with my best friend since high school, K, who is one year into her nursing degree. Her and my mum are very close, she came to visit me in LA a lot and takes the term "partner in crime" to another level...she is my love.
She was asking if I wanted to go to Sweden with her in the summer. YES, I would love to, but I can't plan anything in my life, not a week's time and certainly not the summer...but I can dream...

I am so knackered and am the master of cat naps...going to try 15mins so I can last the entire night without passing out....Plus, I have this beast on my lap keeping me warm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me a note-much appreciated! x